SHQ Social Media Posting Guide in Operations
Use this guide to help with publishing public information on social media in the SOC at the NSW SES State Headquarters.
Is this operation a small, medium or large weather event?
|Event Type||Small Event||Medium Event||Large Event|
|Tasks||(few days storm event)||(week long storm/flood event)||(1 > weeks storm/flood event with multiple areas affected)|
|Publish web article and share on social media.
The information received via email from Situational Awareness can be used to draft a news article to publish to the website.
|1 > per day||1-2 per day
(morning & afternoon update)
|1-3 per day
(morning, noon & late afternoon update)
|Facebook before, during and after posts||1-2 per day||2-3 per day||3 > per day|
|Twitter before, during and after posts||1-2 per day||2-3 per day||3 > per day|
|Answer Facebook inbox enquiries||As required||As required||As required|
|Gather photos and share online from media app.
Request photos from volunteers via Facebook groups. Social Media Communications Group
|As required in conjunction with social media posts|
|Share and retweet social media posts from BoM, Live Traffic and other GOV sites.||1 >||3 >||4 >|
|Post recovery effort and information – after storm||If required||1 >||2 >|
|Make sure Flood Bulletins and SES warnings are published to the website, then share via social media. SOI: Uploading SES Warning Products to Public Website||As required||As required||As required|
|Share Severe Thunderstorm Warnings||Significant warnings only||-||-|
|Share Severe Weather Warnings||Every time||Every time||Every time|
|Detailed Severe Weather Warnings||Every time||Every time||Every time|
|Share Evacuation Order, All Clear and Flood Bulletins||Every time||Every time||Every time|
|Video content and update for example:
1 preparedness reminder video
1 event wrap-up video
|If required||1 >||2 >|
Web and Social Checklist
- Throughout the day check the BoM warnings and share to Facebook and Twitter. Use safety messaging found on the NSW SES website.
- Create a web story based on the information from handovers, weather warnings and the daily executive brief sent to the email@example.com email. Once the web article is published share to Facebook. Click here to access the NSW SES website backend. Ideally one article should be created in the morning and one in the afternoon or refer to the table above.
- Upload SES bulletins to website: follow this SOI or read the printed copies located in the media studio.
- Resources: most resources for social media warning tiles and the website are available on Brand Online
- For social account passwords and access, please ask the Media team for assistance.